Make no mistake, this is the best time of the year to buy an 8BIT WordPress theme. We have a few different annual sales scheduled but this is the biggest discount in the pipeline.
From now through Cyber Monday all themes (and all license!) are 30% off if you use the promo codeBLACK2011.
Standard 3.0 Is Coming And It’s Huge
This deal will not be in effect when Standard 3.0 launches in January the beginning of the year, but if you purchase a support license today, you will get access to our download area which includes all past and future versions of the theme for life. Not to mention great technical support and access to a beta version in December when it’s released.
Standard 3.0 is a complete re-write of our Standard Framework and user interface on the front end. Here are some of the exciting new features:
- Mobile ready. You heard me.
- Major refresh of the modern look. Expect it to be cleaner, tighter, sexier.
- Distinct stylings of each post type such as images, videos, quotes, links, etc.
- Standard Framework reboot. Developers, how would you like to write your own theme admin panel in 15 mins or less? We think we’re on to something here, and it’ll be born in Standard 3.0.
Our Themes Are Active
These are not dormant, stale themes, they are under constant review and revision. This is one of the things that makes our Support License so great. Here is a sample of our recent updates:
- Current version: 1.2
- Major updates since initial release
- Localization improvements.
- Current version: 1.5
- Major changes since initial release
- Bug fix for custom menus that appeared in WordPress 3.1.4 and after
- Bug fix for galleries after WordPress 3.2 release
- Password protecting Collections, collection comments, and collection author box
- Current version 2.0.1
- Major changes since initial release
- IE8 fix for Live Countdown
- Live Countdown time zone configuration setting improvements
- Current version 2.7
- Major changes since last release:
- Replaced all ereg_replace with preg_replace for PHP compatibility
- Added a better way to include favicons that’s compatible with all versions of major browsers (including IE6/7/8/9)
- Updated mobile device viewport setting to include scrolling sharers
- Fixed a problem in how $_SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"] versus $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"] performs
- The theme directory can now be renamed.
- Fixed HTML in post and pages titles for SEO titles
- Updated Facebook Share to Facebook Like
- Updated AddThis
- Fixed navigation issues for WordPress 3.1.4
- Fixed the sitemap template
- Renamed advertisement areas so not to be caught by AdBlock
- Cleaned up wp_nav_menu syntax
- Replaced showposts with posts_per_page (the former is deprecated by WP)
- Looked into Sharedaddy + Standard Theme. Found a reported bug in Sharedaddy
- Added an admin feature in the comments to allow comment author name links to open in a new window
- Added a canonical URL to the theme core
- Introduced the ability for the author archive page to display the author’s name
- Scrolling sharers now scroll a bit differently. They stay at the top of the post until the top of the post moves out of view and then the sharers stay with the scroll position
- Added Google+ sharer
- Added StumbleUpon sharer
- Added a custom menu location for the footer
- Now creating SEO title for year archives
- Updated TimThumb
- Replaced bloginfo(‘template_directory’) with echo get_template_directory_uri().
- Replaced bloginfo(‘stylesheet_directory’) with stylesheet_directory_uri().
- Replaced attribute_escape() with esc_attr().
- Replaced bloginfo(‘url’) with home_url().
- Replaced the_author_description() with the_author_meta(‘description’).
- Replaced wp_specialchars() with esc_html().
- Removed PHP short tags.
- Added readme.txt.
- Added data-url parameter to Twitter sharer.
- Added additional stylesheet theme descriptors.
- Added missing WordPress gallery style.
Free Starter Theme, Don’t Miss It!
We released a free “coming soon page” theme last month, it’s part of a new product we have in the pipeline. It’s still available, and still free. Grab a copy, you never know when it’ll come in handy!